The Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) is a small, public university located in Southern Oregon. It has about 5,000 students and over 40 degree programs. It has an extremely impressive student success rate of 96% and the average salary for graduates is over $60,000 just six months after graduation.
I worked at the Oregon Institute of Technology for 5 years as a member of their Marketing and Public Relations department (MarCoPa). During those 5 years, I helped to manage the website and acted as a support liaison between faculty, staff, and students and the Marketing department.
- Revamped 44 degree program pages to improve lead flow to the Admissions Office. In order to improve the pages and make them more engaging, we contracted new photography and developed new, more engaging ad copy. (2016)
- Produce videos for the annual Convocation seminar presented by the University President and administrative team. Each year, these news videos were premiered in a mandatory meeting for all faculty and staff. Videos ranged from talking head interviews, University news segments, and event recaps. (2017)
- Co-Lead on website committee for $250,000 website remodel. This multi-year project was outsourced to an outside development studio that I coordinated with to ensure that the goals of the University were met. (2019)
- Interviewed with and pushed for BrightEdge implementation into the website and marketing workflow. BrightEdge is an SEO software that can identify keywords and monitor the performance of those keywords. (2019)
- Cooperated with the IT Department to recreate the school intranet and improve user satisfaction. The intranet was used by over 5,000 faculty, staff, and students. (2020)
- Work with the staff from throughout the University to develop web-friendly procedures for handling emergency/hazard responses. For example, the University’s COVID response and how new information was conveyed to the internal and external stakeholders. (2020)
- Created Training Series videos for faculty, staff, and students on how to edit the website. The series included over 20 short-form video tutorials on how to accomplish basic tasks within Drupal & Sitefinity, the CMS we most commonly used. (2021)